TERMS OF SERVICE
This agreement applies to both registered and unregistered users to our Services.
We also invite you to let us know if you have any thoughts, ideas of concerns about the legitimacy, fairness or other aspect relating to your use of our platform. You can send your feedback at email@example.com.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
We are a small Cypriot company (reg. no: HE342283) based in Limassol Cyprus.
Our overall objective is to bring together people, companies, non-profit organizations and other organized groups to solve pressing social problems by transforming socially responsible behavior into value.
Part of the main services we provide relate to facilitating the organizing, crowdsourcing and fundraising of projects and campaigns with strong social contribution. The tools we provide allow people and organizations to connect together and collaborate to make social change happen.
Central to our approach is the creation of a win-win-win scenario for participating entities: we provide a mechanism that allows socially responsible behavior to rise to the surface and become the example of others to follow. In the case of for-profit organizations (businesses), responsible behavior promoted through our platform is rewarded by our customer users, who support them by preferring their products and services.
The following terms aim to provide all the necessary rules that can effectively govern the interaction between our company and users/customers, on the one hand, and that among our different types of users, on the other.
ELIGIBILITY AND REGISTRATION
While most of the content on our platform can be freely accessed through browsing, you will need to register and sign in in order to access certain type of content or be able to make specific actions.
Registration is free of charge. Any human being over 13 years of age can register for an account on our website and start enjoying our services. Those younger than 13 will need to be supervised by their parents or other adult to use the platform. Robots of any type are not allowed to use this site!
Currently there are three types of account, each accessing different online tools and services: one for individual persons, one for companies/brands/sellers and one for non-governmental organizations(NGOs) or other civil society organizations.
All newly processed registrations for an organizational account (NGO or Business/Company) are subject to approval by Controlley. We have the right to deny the approval of your account if we cannot verify that your organization is a legal entity or if the information you provide is misleading, inaccurate or even inadequate.
While people of any nationality can register a personal account, only citizens of the Republic of Cyprus can enjoy full participation benefits at the moment, given that most activities, projects and campaigns organized will be limited to the local area of Cyprus.
We are happy, however, to also accept requests by organizations (NGOs or companies) from countries other than Cyprus and discuss ways to assist them with various services we provide.
Our future plans to gradually make our platform and services available and relevant to any person or organization on this planet.
With your registration, you agree that:
- All the information you provide to us is true, accurate, fair and complete.
- The name you provide does not impersonate any other person or organization for any reason without their permission.
- The email address you provide belongs to you or your organization and that you will not attempt to access someone else’s account by using their own email and password details. You also agree that you will be responsible of the secure use and confidentiality of you account’s login details.
- You will not create more than one personal account or more than one account for the same organization.
- You will try to create a strong password which you will keep secure and confidential
- You are responsible for all activities occurring under the email address linked to your account. You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account.
- We may send you essential email messages or notifications relating to your use of the platform: notifications about the expiry dates of some of your active posts (e.g. Projects or Offers), reminders about validating pending donation coupons, announcements about important changes of the way the platform works.
- You are the owner of the intellectual property of any original content you share with other users on Controlley. However, by posting content on this platform (projects, offers, articles), you give Controlley a non-exclusive worldwide licence to use this content in such a way that enhances user experience and promotes Controlley and its social mission. This could involve storing, hosting, modifying, reproducing, translating or adapting this content in different ways. We may, for example, automatically translate content you provide, or have other users manually translate and reproduce your content. Or it may be necessary to modify (either by our staff or other users) your text in certain cases when posting content in public pages to make sure it complies with the rules of collaborative editing. Or it may be necessary to compress files you upload (such as images or videos) in order to save space and allow this content to be shared faster and more effectively. In other cases, it may also be necessary to delete user content that is considered inappropriate, illegal or harmful. You do have the right to end the license for this content by deleting it from the platform or by closing your account, except to the extent that the material has already been shared and distributed to other members and visitors of the platform.
- All information you provide is accurate and you should update it often to keep it accurate.
- Content that belongs to others should be clearly stated. For safety concerns, this content is saved on our servers, even after you delete it, and kept there for security reasons for some period of time before permanently deleted.
- You are responsible for the content you provide on our site, which has to comply with the following rules necessary in order to create a better experience for all users. If you fail to comply with these rules, we reserve the right to delete the content or even suspend or delete your account:
- You many not post any illegal, fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive content or information.
- You may not use our service to promote illegal actions such as, but not limited to, human trafficking, terrorism, vandalism or illegal drugs.
- You may not post any obscene or pornographic content, either on your personal profile or on any other public or private space.
- You may not post any hateful, harmful, abusive, intimidating, bullying, threatening, harassing, violent, racist, xenophobic or homophobic speech.
- You may not publish other people’s personal/private/confidential information, such as their phone numbers, credit card numbers, email or street address, social security numbers, personal identification numbers, without their permission.
- By voluntary providing feedback or suggestions to us about our website, you agree that we can use and share it without any obligation for any reward or compensation.
- You may not upload content with viruses or other malicious code that can damage other users’ browser or computer, compromise other users’ privacy or disrupt the proper function of our site.
- Our platform allows and promotes interaction via messaging and information sharing between the various parties involved. Information you share may be seen by registered users and by Visitors. Where we have provided the ability to limit the audience that can see the information, we will honour your choices.
- You will respect other user’s opinions, beliefs, differences and ideas and always strive to contribute to a healthy dialogue with other users.
- You may not report, edit or delete content that you consider inappropriate only due to ideological beliefs, personal differences with its author or other unacceptable reason.
- You agree not to advertise or sell products on your profile page except when using the appropriate tools that allow you to do so (e.g. creating offer pages)
- You are not allowed to access any restricted areas on the platform without authorization.
- When using our services, you may find information that is considered inaccurate, inappropriate, illegal or harmful. Whilst we will try to delete this content where we become aware of it you agree that we are not responsible for this content or information or for any damages that may result of your use of or reliance on this data.
PUBLISHING CONSCIOUS OFFERS
By publishing Conscious Offers, sellers agree that:
- They are responsible for the content they advertise in these offers, which must be accurate and truthful.
- They are committed to give donation coupons to their customers as specified in the Offer.
- Unless otherwise agreed, they are responsible for printing out the coupons they intend to give their customers.
- They donate all the money that corresponds to all donation coupons sent and/or validated (depending on the agreement made).
- Controlley maintains the right to deny or discontinue an offer if any of the platform regulations are violated.
In addition to the terms and conditions specified here by Controlley, buyers agree to also abide to all the terms and conditions that our partner sellers have relating to the supply of their goods and services. While not directly responsible, Controlley will do everything possible to resolve any issues or disputes that may arise between sellers and buyers.
ORGANIZING AND PARTICIPATING IN CAMPAIGNS (“SOCIAL PROJECTS”)
By participating in campaigns in any way, users agree that:
- It will be the responsibility of the organizer to ensure that their online campaign (i.e. Social Project pages posted on the platform) meets all the requirements of the Cypriot law in relation to Fundraising, which requires that certain types of fundraising campaigns and activities go through an approval process by the government/local authority. TCT Controlley Ltd shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatever nature (direct, indirect, consequential, or other) which may arise as a result of your use of the Fundraising functionality of the platform.
- It will be the responsibility of the NGOs to make sure the projects they (co-)organize are carried out successfully and all the money they receive for this purpose is used as specified on the project/campaign page.
- The proposed projects will have a wider social impact that may involve activities such as supporting underprivileged people, organizing public benefit projects or events, protecting the environment, promoting social change through awareness or education, promoting social innovation through specific projects of non-profit character, etc.
- You and your collaborating team are capable of, and have the necessary experience in, carrying out the proposed project as described in the project page.
- By publishing a project page, you set realistic fundraising as well as activity goals and you propose adequate project plans and activities needed to carry out the project.
- It will be the organizers’ responsibility to complete the fundraising campaign by taking all the necessary actions. Controlley is not responsible for the failure of a project/campaign to complete it’s goal.
- Organizers of fundraising campaigns will be able to keep any amount of money they raise even if the total fundraising goal is not met. Nevertheless, it will be the responsibility of the organizers to access additional funding to carry out the intended projects.
- It will be the responsibility of the organizers to spend the money raised only as specified in the project description and detailed expenses section, and carry out the project within the intended timeline.
- If for whatever reason organizers won’t be able to spend the money as originally planned, it will be their responsibility to inform their donors about any change of plans taken.
- No money will be used for overhead expenses unless specified in the project’s expenses. We recommend that the amount requested for this purpose does not exceed a 10% of the total target amount.
- Organizers of social projects will not use the money raised to engage in any illegal activities.
- Controlley reserves the right to deny the launch of a project/campaign if its content or purpose does not meet the criteria of social change defined by Controlley.
- Any user expressing interest in volunteering through our system agrees to share their contact details with the relevant persons involved in organizing these activities.
MAKING AND ACCEPTING DONATIONS
- Unless otherwise stated, 100% of all donations made through Controlley are used to fund the activities specified on the platform. A number of fees may apply, such as those charged by PayPal.
- All donations are tax deductible to the extent this is governed by law. Controlley provides a service for the participants in the platform and is not qualified to offer tax advice on the deductibility of any donation made by the member. This service may allow the rebate if the relevant parties meet the relevant requirements of the tax law. For further information please consult the Cyprus Tax Department of the Republic of Cyprus.
- All donations made through PayPal to support selected organizations or Social Projects are processed immediately and the money goes directly from the donor’s to the beneficiary’s PayPal account. Donations are therefore not refundable.
- If you are raising money as a non-profit organization, be prepared to provide proof of your organization’s non-profit or registered charity status.
- All donors as well as those raising money through PayPal additionally agree to comply with PayPal “Acceptable Use Policy”.
PROMOTING SITE ACTIVITIES
- You are allowed to freely share links around social media with content posted on the Controlley platform in order to further promote various activities/initiatives, social projects and campaigns, educational material, offers etc. However, you agree to acknowledge the source of the material shared or borrowed for this purposes.
Your privacy is of great importance to us and we will make every effort to protect it by providing tools that can give you control over who can see the content you post as well who can edit this content or pages you create. We also make every effort to keep our system as secure as possible to avoid malicious acts of stealing your privacy.
Keep in mind, however, that certain information you share in public spaces may be viewed by any registered user as well as by non-registered users. Also keep in mind that users will be able in certain cases to share with others content you post, or even download and save it on their computers.
We do not share or sell any personal or other information about you or the way you use our site to anyone, including the government or any private organization that shares information with the government. The only exception is when we are obliged to do so in response to a law order.
OWNERSHIP OF THE SITE, SITE INFORMATION AND SERVICES.
Unless otherwise stated, all site content, including logos, layouts and designs, service features, graphics, software, URLs etc, are owned by Controlley, affiliated partners or customers and cannot be used in any way without permission or in ways other than those stated by them.
You may use the Controlley logo and/or trademarks only for the purpose of promoting campaigns or offers created and posted on the Controlley platform. For all other purposes, you will need our permission to do so. You may not remove any copyright or trademark signs on any authorized copy of content you request from Controlley or third party owners. Controlley reserves the right to monitor at any time the use of its logo/trademark and refuse the permission of its use if any of the terms are violated or if it fails to align with the social mission of the platform.
WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Even though we try to keep our site as reliable, safe and secure as possible, the users agree to use our site at their own risk. We provide our service “as is” and “as available” without any promises for warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. In addition, we cannot guarantee that in the future problems may not arise, such as, but not limited to, errors, disruptions, delays and thefts of content/information/data by third parties, harm to your computer or loss/deletion of content arising from your own use of the site or from viruses, bugs or Trojan horses transmitted by third parties.
For any disputes you may have with Controlley, we encourage you to first contact us and try to resolve the issue informally.
For any further questions and support please feel free to contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 30/06/2018