Protecting Animals Without Shelter (P.A.W.S.) is an animal charity which was founded in Nicosia in 2012.
Its primary objective is the establishment of a ‘’friendly animal spirit’’ in Cyprus through actions that will:
-support and promote animal rights
-put pressure on relevant authorities to practically apply legislation in regard to animals welfare
-tackle the phenomenon of abuse and neglect
-educate various target groups of people in regard to animal rights and animal welfare.
P.A.W.S. is a non-profit organization; it is financially supported by donations of people/members and income from various events.
Who we are
Protecting Animals Without Shelter (P.A.W.S.) is an animal charity organization founded in Nicosia in 2012.
Its primary objective is to establish a ‘’raise awareness concerning animal welfare’’ in Cyprus through actions that will:
- support and promote animal rights
- put pressure on relevant authorities to practically apply legislation regarding animal welfare
- deal with animal abuse and neglect
- educate various target groups of people regarding animal rights and animal welfare.
P.A.W.S. is a non-profit organization; it is financially supported by donations of people and members as well as the income from various events.
What we do
To achieve its objectives, the organization and its volunteers are involved in a range of activities in all possible directions.
- We take care of stray, injured and sick animals and prepare them properly in order to be adopted.
- We provide subsidized prices from vets for microchipping and neutering/spaying.
- We inform people and guide them appropriately in order to respond successfully to cases of animal abuse and neglect.
- We are also in constant communication with the authorities to resolve such problems.
- We perform training sessions concerning animal rights and inform people about the importance of microchip and neutering/spaying to deal with the big problem of stray animals.
- In our effort to strengthen joint action for animal rights in Cyprus we collaborate with other animal welfare associations.
No results found.
The need for more volunteers is constant. The more people, the more achievable our goal and the more effective our action! A lot of people think that volunteering will absorb all their energy and free time. It might, but it will definitely give them back so much. Social contribution can be unbelievably rewarding! The time people choose to devote to the organisation is decided by them only! Any help is welcomed. From transporting animals to vets, caring actions, complaints and rescuing, to contributing in organizing events, designing posters, taking photographs, making telephone calls, writing and sending letters, any action or 'small act' is a necessary stage to work properly. Any help you can and want to offer is not small or little. We need your love for animals, your enthusiasm, and your energy! Come share it with us!
If you have your own business or shop, donation boxes are one of the simplest and cheapest ways to raise money for a non-profit organisation. Just contact us! We will provide you with one and you will just need to put it somewhere to get the customers’ attention! This is a traditional but very effective way to help!
Foster an Animal
One of the biggest problems faced by animal welfare organizations in Cyprus is the lack of space to shelter stray animals. There are no state shelters to cover these needs, while private shelters are almost permanently overcrowded. Fostering an animal can be a huge help for us and for the animals themselves, even for a few days. PAWS will provide you with the necessary (food, bedding, and veterinary expenses).